Followers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

...this little light of mine...I'm gonna let it SHINE..

WOOOOOHOOOOOO....I am SOOOO happy to have the opportunity to write a little blog tonight...seems like it has been..ohhhhhhhh, I don't know....FORRREVVVERRRRRRR!!!!  YIPPPPEEEE SKIPPEEEEEE!!! 
I'm hoping that everything has been FABULOUS for everyone this past week or so....I've been basking in my new place...enjoying it and finding new little "projects" of creating some of my so called masterpieces to decorate it up just a litttttttle more...one can NEVER stop decorating and designing, right....looks like my weekend is going to be full of fun little projects..I'm SOOOO excited.....
Ok, sooooo as you know, I LOVVVVE quotes....so, as I was searching for something, you know....LIFE CHANGING...I came across this one...so, this is my starting point...here it is:

"Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement." - Golda Meir

YESSSSSS....don't you just LOVE this one....I most certainly DO!!!  This particular quote kind of played at my heartstrings...hit home just a little bit!  I believe this with my ENTIRE being...although, I am still, most definitely a work in progress....but, I'm going to focus on the 'progress' part of that statement...always progressing...moving forward...NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVVVVERRRRRRRRR giving UP....EVERRRRRR!!!!!!! 
Sometimes, when I'm just sitting around and thinking about things, my mind wanders to all that I wanted to be and all that I dreamed to be....wellllll, it seems that mayyybe things haven't been all that I dreamed of or imagined...and through it ALLL, it turns out.....IT'S BETTTTTERRRRR!!!  ....a lot of little detours later.....soooo many lessons learned....and here I am...gaining strength and wisdom with each passing day!!  YESSSSSS!!!!!
When I was growing up, the thing that I remember wanting was to be a doctor....I would even sign my name really messy and put M.D. behind it...ohhhh yessss....hahahahaha!!!  What a funny thought, because as an adult, I can't imagine the pressure of being a doctor...we don't think of those things as kiddos...but, I'll tell you what, I had the BEST time pretending that I could cure the world of ALL diseases....then as I got a bit older, I realized that I wanted to be an artist....a TRUE artist...traveling the world, living from place to place...never having a plan....just LIVE in pure beauty....ahhhhhh, now THAT was the life for me...heehee!!!
Soooo, here I am working in probably the MOST opposite position of either of these dream careers....no, I don't LOVE the work...but, I LOVE THE PEOPLE, which in turn...yeahhhhh, I don't mind going to work everyday, because THIS job, this job I was SO hesitant about...this job that is so on the opposite spectrum of me has given me not one, but TWO amazing things....first...I've made some ABSOLUTELY AMAZING friends and second, it has given me the means to pursue....ART!!  This job has given me baby wings in all aspects of my life!!  Sooooooo, I am creating the person that I am going to be happy with for my entire life annnnnnnd am still fanning those little sparks of possibility that I had as a child to make them grow into HUGE flames of ACHIEVEMENT....and I owe it all to the people in my life and a job that I would have NEVER seen myself in...and somewhat enjoying!  So, I guess that what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we all tend to think that we have been handed the losing hand in life, we don't have the job that we want, we don't have the time we want...etc, etc.....but, when you stop for just a minute or two and look around...it's there...it may be disguised as something else...possibly hiding somewhere in the cracks, but...BELIEVE ME...IT'S TOTALLY THERE and once you see it....you'll sit back and wonder how you have been missing it for SO long....don't focus on the bad, the negative or at what you think is the end of the road....don't do it....DON'T EVERRRR GO THERE, because it's just a trick....it's like a practical joke or maybe a puzzle..that spark IS there if you just look!!  When we focus our whole being on what we don't have...hmmmmm, then really....we have NOTHING!!  ....but, when you start focusing on what you HAVE, where you have been and the strength that it took to get there....you start seeing the world open up...you start seeing smiles and people saying 'hi' when they pass by you...you start seeing a bright, friendly.....GOOOD world....and you've got it on a string...YOU control it....awwwwwwww YEAHHHHHHHH.....perfect life...if you just open your mind to it....those frowns disappear...like magic...those rude people, well...you rarely see them anymore and suddenly EVERYTHING sparkles and EVERYTHING shines....even YOU!!!  YAYYYYYY!!!
Have a wonderful evening everyone.....talk to you soon.... :)))))

1 comment:

  1. Look at that,,, I'm still first after all I went thru last nite,,, lol..., Molly,, you have an amazing outlook!!!! Don't ever give up on us,,,, speaking for myself,,, I need help!!! And I'm not afraid to admit it!!! Keep up the motivational quotes,,, love them!!!

    ReplyDelete