Followers

Monday, June 25, 2012

I believe...there are angels among us...

Good evening everyone...hoping that you all had a MARVELOUS Monday!!!  I don't know about anyone else, but I have an ever so slight addiction to Facebook...it's really not that bad, I mean...it's not like I need TREATMENT or anything...hahahaha...ok, so maybe I do..heehee!!  ...anyway, there is a page that I follow called "Poems and Quotes"...I'm mentioning this, because I came across a little quote that I ABSOLUTELY fell in love with and it is my inspiration for tonight's post and even though I would LOVE to take full credit for it, I have to give credit where credit is due! The past few weeks have been a WHIRLWIND of EXCITEMENT...soooo much going on, so many changes..all for the good, but now that things have settled down a bit...I think that I'm going through some sort of down time, just a lot of life thinking....the whole questioning of what is my purpose..all of that kind of thing....you know, we all have to have these reflective times...it is from these moments that we grow and learn more about ourselves...soooo, these times are actually a blessing...just disguised up a little bit....so anyway...here's my inspiration quote for this evening... :)

"Do you?"

By: Ashley Ulrick

Do you feel alone at times but your not, Do you ever get that feeling someone is following you, Do you ever wonder who is crying, Do you ever wonder what is that sound behind you, Do you ever get a call from someone but no one is there, Do you ever worry over and over, Do you pray to God for the answers, Do you ask a friend or family member who is behind you, Do you ever hear the door bell ring and there is no one there, Do you ever ask the lord what is going on, Did you ever know it was your guardian Angel all this time trying to give you a hard time...Just say yes because you know your guardian Angel is keeping an eye on you.

This particular quote made me feel all warm inside...it's such a nice thought knowing that there is something out there watching over us.  There are a lot of times that I like to think that the loved one's that we have lost are watching over us and protecting us, but then I think...OH NO...what if they CAN see what we are doing....WHOA!!!  I better change what I'm doing...they would be SO disappointed if they knew that I made this decision or that decision...sometimes it will make me think twice about what I'm doing...hmmmm...what a thought!  There are so many things that I have done or decisions that I have made with the thought of 'Would Grandma approve of this???'...the answer is usually a big NO...otherwise I probably wouldn't be asking myself that quesion, right?? haha....then on the other end of the spectrum, there are things that I have done that I know that they would be proud of..in fact those things that I am most proud of are the parts of them that they left with me....YAYYYY!!!  ...yes, I'm totally rambling...with no destination in mind...that's scary..haha!!!

Anyway, I think that what I'm trying to say....is that no matter what decision we make or what we have done or what we are doing...all that matters is that we got something out of it...either it was something that taught us some sort of lesson or it was something that happened so that we could learn more about ourselves or another person, because I do believe..with my entire being that absolutely everything happens for a reason and everyone we meet, we were supposed to meet...even if for a short time....they all have a purpose in our life's journey!  ...and to think that there is someone or something out there watching over us along our road...well, that just makes it better, and might make me think twice about feeling lonely or sad or depressed...because I know that my Grandma would NEVER want her grandchildren to feel that way...and just because I have to, I'm going to leave you with just one of the many happy memories that I have of her....My dear, sweet Grandma...we used to go visit her and she would just sit there and look at us and then she would touch our faces and our hair and look at us and tell us that we were the most beautiful girls that she has ever seen...I remember how soft her skin was...how AMAZINGLY beautiful her smile was and her twinkling eyes...and I swear all that she ever seen was LOVE...she truly, whole heartedly LOVED her family and we were kiddos..and it wasn't until we grew up a little and she passed away that we realized fully that she was the absolute definition of LOVE and she would want nothing less for her girls....I can still picture her in my mind and as I'm sitting here typing this and sharing it with all of you and tears are rolling down my eyes...I've never been happier sitting here remembering her, all of her beauty and all of her wisdom...words cannot portray how much she left us all with...she is in our hearts...she is in my heart....and suddenly I feel an overwhelmingly HUMUNGOUS amount of love...and hopefully will start my tomorrow with an attitude of love and patience...our past is what made us who we are and our present is a reflection of how we react to the past....ok, well I'm going to sign off for the evening and enjoy the rest of the night remembering my Grandma....my guardian angel....have a wonderful evening!!  :)







2 comments:

  1. OMG! This made me cry... It reminds me of someone as well, my grandma!! :))) They sound very, very similar! She knew what life was all about.. she may not have had all the riches in the world, but she had family. She loved us with her whole heart and she knew we all loved her with our whole hearts as well! ..I swear she didn't have a negative thought in her mind. What an inspirations grandmas can be. And even though she is gone physically, i believe she is MY guardian angel! :) how lucky are we??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...Grandma's are pretty special..I'm SOOOO wishing that my Grandma P was still with us...I NEED HER!! They are SO amazing..I wish that we could still live in the world that they lived in...because they were certainaly AMAZING people..so happy that I got to know her..and you as well, knowing your's...thanks Danielle...love you, girlie!! :)

      Delete