Followers

Thursday, May 31, 2012

"We may shine......"

"We may shine, we may shatter,
We may be picking up the pieces here on after,
We are fragile, we are human,
We are shaped by the light we let through us,
We break fast, 'cause we are glass...."
"Glass" lyrics-Thompson Square

Hello, hello!!  So, today I was somewhat struggling with what to write about...it's been a challenge, that's for sure...but, then I was driving home and heard this song...I LOVVVVVE IT!!!  I know that the song is about finding love or trying to make love work, but I'm going to take it a bit out of context and apply it to life in general....so here's my take on it...

We meet SO many people during our lives...it amazes me that there are SO many different personalities out there..I mean not one single person out of the BAZILLIONS of humans on the face of this Earth are EXACTLY alike...hmmmm....trying to wrap your mind around that is next to impossible..haha!!  I just look back on my thirty some years and seriously cannot remember every single person that I've met along the way...of course the one's that affected me, yes I remember them, but what about those one's that I just chatted with in some random place...trying to pass time, make conversation and whatnot...hmmmm...CRAZY to think about...not even sure that makes any sense, but you see where I'm going, right??  :)  I guess that today, this particular song made me think of all of the people that I've met, the one's that I've gotten to know and the one's that have a permanent place in my heart...soooo many peeps...WHOA!!  ...they/we all have ONE thing in common....WE ALL HAVE FEELINGS...EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US!!  Sometimes with life being so busy...all of the daily things that need our attention...I think that it is easy to forget that we are ALL human...people say certain people are good...others are bad..but, really...that's a matter of opinion, at least in my opinion..heehee!!!  We never know when we might be talking to someone that really needs someone...ANYONE..who will just sit and listen to them...no need to say anything, they just need a pair of patient ears....because they haven't had anyone to talk to that didn't judge them for their past, their present..some decision they made and no one agreed with....HOW SADDDD!!!  I don't know really where I'm  trying to go with this, but I guess what I had first intended, was that we all need to be more aware that people are PEOPLE...just like you and me....no matter what they've done, what they've said, or whatever...they are STILL people...still have feelings....still feel alone, isolated....it's so easy to be around people that are happy...living on top of the world...everything is going FANTASTICALLY well...and who wouldn't want to be around that type of person...they are FUN...no worries to discuss...just everything good....I LOVE being around people like that...LOVVVVVE ITTTTT!!  ....but what happens when they "break"...when nothing is going in the right direction...do we leave them to fall or do we stand right there beside them, picking up the pieces with them...holding their hand and helping them along their journey????  Ohhhhhhhh, how I hope that majority would stand there...with them....help them...be with them...listen to them, because Lord only knows, we'll all be there someday and we'll all be praying for the person that doesn't leave us during the harder times in life!  Everyone has gone through something...whether it's something that is obvious, or something that they keep inside...we all, at some point will be the one struggling....

--------PAUSE FOR A LITTLE BREAK....I think this is the right time to enter in another perfect      verse from this song....YAYYYYYYY!!!----------

"I'll let you look inside me, through the stains and through the cracks,
And in the darkness of this moment,
You see the good and the bad,
But try not to judge me, 'cause we've walked down different paths,
But it brought us here together, so I won't take that back..."

---------OK....hope that you didn't leave for a potty break...cuz you missed it....heeheehee...just teasing...I can't get OVERLY serious...gotta throw in my own weird, crazy humor once in a while..hahahaha.....----------

All righty....so, there have been a few people..one's that I will always remember that other people have told me....wellllllll, Molly....they aren't good for you...why are you wasting your time...are you BLIND...all these things said in the best interest of me, I understand...but, what if these people are NOT a waste of time....what if they ARE good for me...and no, last I checked, I wasn't blind....I just want to see a light in these people...I DO see a light....sometimes it's a little dim, but it's there...and I know that I've been the person with the pretty much burned out light....and there were people there to help make my little dim light shine brighter with each new day....and I look at myself today....and I know that I have let in all of the light that comes my way...everyone has, both good and bad....I want to strive to see the good...I understand that we have to take into account the bad, too....how it may affect us and make a realistic decision based on what we feel, but I hope that we can all start to at least give everyone a fighting chance....not write them off so quickly...you never know someone until you invest a little time into them....sometimes you might find a SPARKLING diamond and wonder how you could have ever thought anything bad about them...YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!  People are FRAGILE....and we DO break FAST....but, sometimes....we become better just by knowing someone else....yes, and this is my dream for the world....everyone deserves at least ONE chance....everyone has feelings and everyone can be broken....but, but, BUT...everyone can overcome almost anything...given the right circumstances and fellow humans cheering us all on.....YAYYYY!!!
Have a wonderful evening everyone....and again, thanks for reading...  :)

12 comments:

  1. Love Love Love this one!! This is the one you should submit to the newsletter :D you continue to amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww, thanks Nikki....that song gets me EVERYTIME that I hear it...thanks again girlie!!! :)))

      Delete
  2. Oh did I forget to mention... First to post! First to post! First to pooooooosssssttttt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha....I am sitting here hitting refresh, refresh, refresh...I'm trying to beat you to Danielle's...hahahaha!!!!! :)))

      Delete
    2. Yeah where is that little turd anyway?!? She's had more time to write than you!! ;)

      Delete
    3. LITTLE TURD???? ... I had problems tonight... I don't like my post much ughhhh

      Delete
    4. You guys are cracking me uppp!!!!! :))))
      ....and, Danielle...your post ROCKS...I LOVED ITTTT!!! :))) I love you're faith!!! :)

      Delete
  3. LOVEEEE!!! ...yes i took forever tonight..wow...but anyway.... you mentioned the people who were a "waste of time"..how you wanted to see the light in them. <<< THAT is why you are amazing!! Wanting to see the good in everything!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU are AMAZING!!!!!! :))))))

      Delete
    2. Dani you are my 1+1+1+1!!! Hahaha

      Delete
    3. OHHHHH MYYYYYY GOSHHHHH...I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!! :))))))

      Delete
    4. HAHAHA I can't stop laughing either!! Oh Myyyyy... thanks Nikki!!! and you are both amazing!!

      Delete